Success Factors for Strategic Higher Education Management (Module ST)
Higher education institutions want to and should respond to the requirements of their environment and be prepared for the future. The latter is dependent on the quality of their performance, which they deliver for society.
Time and money are scarce. That is why it is important to allocate available resources expediently and efficiently. This will only be successful when the goals for the aspired developments are clear and when there is a strategy which allows the goals to be pursued to reach the desired quality.
This workshop aims to help you find and implement your strategy towards quality-oriented development of your higher education institution in a cooperative manner.
Leading to what?
These are the learning outcomes that we would like to reach with you…
- You are able to oversee the function of quality management and strategy management at the higher education institution and their mutual dependency.
- You support taking strategic actions as a condition for shaping the profile of the higher education institution
- You know methods for strategy development and you know how to turn an adopted strategy into specific actions for operational processes of the higher education institution.
- You know possible obstacles, or critical success factors for the development and implementation of strategies in your higher education institution
- You know of ways to accomplish a wide acceptance of the formulated strategies of your institution.
- Approach for strategy projects (Vision / mission / principles => strategy => objectives => agreements / measures => implementation)
- Inventory – analysis of the Ist-situation
- Methods for strategy development (obstacles and critical success factors)
- Methods for implementing an adopted strategy (obstacles and critical success factors)
- Communication of an adopted strategy (obstacles and critical success factors)
- Change management in the implementation phase
- Needs-oriented development of the necessary competences of institutional staff
This workshop is aimed at staff responsible for institutional management or for implementation and realisation of its quality management.
Chair, Input and Moderator
Dr. Gerd Conrads M.Eng. combines years of experience in the industry and corporate consultancy, with experience in associations and higher education institutions. His tasks as trainer, advisor and manager of consulting companies close to the industry and associations with a focus on labour science and organisational development have shaped his background. He has been affiliated with his home university RWTH until today. Due to his honorary engagement as auditor for programme accreditations, he is familiar with the current developments and challenges for higher education institutions within the Bologna Process.
Prof. Dr. Johann G. Janssen has been involved – originally a professional in the field of chemistry and having had industry leadership positions for many years – in the development of the process-oriented quality management approach for over 10 years. This approach allows the institution to do justice to their organisational and cultural characteristics. As a university professor, he knows the positions of the dean, the vice-dean, the academic dean and the evaluation officers from experience. His position as TQM assessor allows him to see the organisational development within companies to this day. He has lead many projects in both higher education institutions and companies.
We combine elements of presentation and training as well as discussions and jointly work on case studies from the daily practice of the participants. We aim for interactive work with the “right” mix of professional input, moderating and interaction, while building on your experience for the mutual benefit of all participants.
The workshop chair gladly uses case studies and questions from your industry in the preparation of the workshop.
This module is part of the workshop series “Bring QM into the Higher Education Institution!”
Part of this series are these modules:
- (QM) “QM in the Higher Education Institution – Systematic Thinking!” – Mr. Rupert Schmitt M.Eng.
- (ST) “Success Factors for Strategic Higher Education Management” – Dr. Gerd Conrads M.Eng. / Prof. Dr. Johann G. Janssen
- (PJ) “Project QM within a Higher Education Institution” – Prof. Dr. Johann G. Janssen
- (IN) “Instruments, Methods and Tools for Successful QM in a Higher Education Institution” – Dr. Konstantin Petridis
- (PZ) “Recognise, Demonstrate and Manage Processes in a Higher Education Institution” – Dr. Bianca Lichtenberger
All modules can be booked individually or as a series of your choice.
When and Where?
The workshop can be booked as an exclusive in-house event. Duration, location and date will be chosen based on your needs. Please contact Dr. Iring Wasser. (firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel. +49 211 900977-10).
The costs will be calculated based on duration and number of participants.
Dr. Iring Wasser, email@example.com; Tel. +49 211 900977-10
ASIIN Consult GmbH
Mörsenbroicher Weg 200