Economic Advisory Board
The modern educational landscape is characterized by increasing diversification. Especially in the tertiary education and further education sectors, a multitude of new, innovative teaching and learning formats are being implemented alongside the classic forms of attendance and full-time studies. These formats are geared towards a labour market of the future, whose framework conditions and requirements are already being created today, primarily in the companies themselves.
In this environment characterised by drastic changes, the Economic Advisory Council promotes the direct exchange with companies about the skills and competences demanded of the specialists and executives of tomorrow, and thus effectively complements ASIIN’s close cooperation with member organizations from business and academia.
ASIIN’s Economic Advisory Council assumes the following tasks:
- Advises on university and accreditation policy issues from the perspective of industry and business
- Participates in strategy and position papers relevant to higher education and accreditation policy
- Participates in the (further) development of subject-related qualification frameworks and thus
- Strengthens the industry perspective on curriculum development in the STEM disciplines
- Participates in the industry-related expansion of ASIIN's pool of experts and in filling vacancies in the ASIIN committees.
The advisory board meets twice a year and advises ASIIN management and various ASIIN committees.
Founding members of the Economic Advisory Council
- Dr. habil. Harald Ehrentraut, Freudenberg Technology Innovation
- Dr.-Ing. Sebastian Gross, The MathWorks GmbH
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Tim Hosenfeldt, Schaeffler AG
- Philipp Leipold, AW Academy
- Dr. Martin Mähler, IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH
- Dr. Walter Pfefferle, Evonik Operations GmbH
- Dr. rer. nat. Hartmut Presting, Mercedes-Benz AG
- Dr. Marc Schroeder, BASF Services Europe GmbH
- Dr. rer. nat. Alfred Schulte, Robert Bosch GmbH
- Dr. Marc Vandemeulebroecke, Novartis Pharma AG
- Dipl.-Ing. Bettina Vogler-Klages, Volkswagen AG
- Dr. Udo Weigelt, LL.M., Grünecker Patent- und Rechtsanwälte PartGmbB
- Dr.-Ing. Matthias Wunderlich, Groupe Renault