Goals of the workshop:
- Create empathy and understanding for the cultural imprint of each other.
- Develop cross-cultural skills (keen perception, changing perspective, suspending judgment) to manage the cross-cultural collaboration in team work.
- Increase cultural awareness (knowledge of one’s own culture, foreign culture and of cultural differences).
- Develop intercultural communication skills as a necessity for working in a global business environment.
- Develop awareness through games and role plays, which make the participant sensible to cultural self awareness and cultural differences.
- Develop skills by applying knowledge to critical incidents (short stories, short written texts and videos).
- Group work on cultural values.
- Reflection on acquired knowledge and transfer into the business praxis global business (e.g. team situations).
- Culture / Intercultural Awareness
- Cultural Differences
- Iceberg Model / Norms / Rules / Values
- Cultural Standards
- Selected literature, articles, critical incidents